Because a hot tub is a significant investment in both leisure and health benefits, the possibilities are endless. You can entertain guests, reconnect with loved ones, exercise, or relax and decompress after a long day at work.
If you're considering purchasing a hot tub this year, you may be wondering - how much does it cost to install a hot tub?
Hot Tub Price Tag
Some of the factors that can increase or decrease the price tag include size, features, engineering, quality, and design. Because of the model-specific variables, it’s evident that a better quality, or a larger hot tub, will cost more.
- The price can range anywhere from $3,000 to $16,000 or more when investing in a new hot tub. On average, the higher the price tag, the higher the quality which results in a longer spa life and more enjoyment. A lower-end hot tub may be less expensive to purchase, but it will likely require more maintenance.
Hot Tub Installation Costs
There are many factors and additional costs you may need to consider when installing an above ground hot tub.
- For instance, will you be housing your spa on a patio or building a new deck? Depending on your budget, a new spa-deck may cost anywhere from $4,000 to $10,000.
- Or, perhaps you'll need a concrete pad. A less expensive option, but it will still cost an additional $2,500, approximately.
- If you need electrical and plumbing installation, you may need to hire a contractor.
Also, consider how will this affect your landscaping, the monthly chemical expense, building permit (if needed), and delivery and transportation.
Hot Tub Features & Accessories
The hot tub installation completed, the water is warm and bubbly, but you feel like something is missing. You can’t quite wrap your brain around it, but you know you need more to experience the perfect soak. Here are the best hot tub accessories for a soaking experience like no other:
- Spa Cover: You will need a cover to keep leaves and other debris out of your spa and keep your water crystal clear.
- Jets: It’s essential to have the perfect amount of spa jets. When comparing multiple hot tubs, test-soak all your favorite contenders.
- Lighting: For using the hot tub at night, check out the lights in or around your hot tub for safely entering and exiting.
- Drink Holder: Staying hydrated is essential for your health and well-being. Get a portable drink holder and bring your drink with you.
- Water-Resistant Steps: Steps ensure safe, yet easy access in an out of the tub.
Stop by a Leisure Works showroom when you're ready to buy a hot tub, and a spa professional can help you find a hot tub to meet all your needs.